Thursday 9 May 2013

Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream Review



Etude House just recently introduced their first CC Cream in Korea. Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream is available in a Silky and Glow formula promising an 8 in 1 formula that addresses the signs of anti aging and stress while whitening, hydrating, protecting, and smoothing the texture
of skin.




Unlike BB Creams, CC Creams are actual a step down in terms of coverage but still promise the same anti-aging benefits. CC Creams provide sheerer coverage and Etude House’s newest CC Cream is pretty basic, sheerer coverage. I personally don’t need a ton of coverage so these next  generation CC Cream formulas are ideal for me as they correct but with lighter coverage that’s perfect for Summer wearing.

The formula is a self adjusting formula that starts white and supposedly self adjusts to your perfect shade of color. I found this wasn’t as friendly a formula to adjust well to a range of skin tones. It has a pink undertone to it that seems best suited to fairer, creamier skin tones. Considering it is so sheer possibly a range of tones can use it though from fair to medium just not darker as you probably won’t see the benefits.


Keep in mind the formula is meant to correct so it will perfect skin to extent but won’t offer the coverage you might associate with a BB Cream or need to conceal blemishes or problem skin. It will however, correct problems like redness, darkness, dullness, or uneven skin tone. It basically takes already good skin and makes it great. For me it’s a my skin but better finish.

The texture is very much like Tony Moly’s formula although it does run a little thinner in consistency. The runnier formula absorbs easily into skin and leaves behind lightweight coverage that protects with an SPF 30. I do prefer using my own sunscreen prior though as I feel more protected this way. The finish here is dewy at first but dries down to a soft, silky feel. It eases my dullness beautifully and perfects, evens out, and creates a healthy glow on my skin. The wear time varies but it seems to keep that fresh, healthy look on my skin for at least six to seven hours before my skin starts to look a little dull again.
I have to say so far the CC Cream releases in Korea have been pleasant experiences for me. I loved this formula just as much as I did the Tony Moly one. I thought nothing could be as great as BB Cream but I’m realizing that the lighter texture and the more natural appearance of a CC Cream formula is exactly the type of coverage my skin craves. I don’t personally have bad skin aside from dullness and dryness but it does however, need a little boast to make it look great and this is exactly what that does.

I wouldn’t recommend it for those who need coverage and concealing I would however, recommend to those who already have good skin but want it to look its very best.



2 comments :

  1. I've been using this for a month now and it really did what it claims :-) love the review btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx :-) hope u find it helpful.
    Love <3

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think and plz do comment. So that I'd know what are you looking for and want me to write about.
If you want to ask a question make sure to check back after a few days for a reply.