Friday 26 April 2013

Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate and Lemon Verbena Body Wash



I’m not necessarily one for putting much stock into my body wash, I’ll use nearly anything. But you might remember my Burts Bees Body Wash review: “I Want To Love You But You Smell So Bad” so receiving this body wash from Dove was a MIRACLE! It smells light and fruity and
summery and DELIGHTFUL. It is a PLEASURE TO SMELL! It smells NOTHING like the Burts Bees bodywash that smells of hair dye….I mean in this case you basically just have to not smell atrocious to please me but this stuff is wonderful. It smells nice and it is moisturising all at the same time. I used the white Dove bars as a kid in the shower (mostly because I was allergic to Caress soap and those were sort of the two options!) and it’s kind of a nice tradition to use Dove body wash as a grown up (or is that just silly?). I don’t go out of my way to find it but I am very happy it has found me. I have never put much thought into my body wash but after ending up with one that smells vile (in my opinion) I guess the few things that really matter are:
it smells appealing (or has no scent)
doesn’t irritate my skin (obviously?)
puts moisture into my skin doesn’t take moisture away from my skin

I guess I’m pretty simple. I don’t need it to tone my body or remove my cellulite…mostly because I believe a body wash that claims that is talking a big load of you know what. I can honestly say from my last fornight of showers that this Dove Pomegranate/Lemon Verbena lives up to my very very high (  ) expectations! It’s a bit more expensive than my £1 Original Source brand (by a whole £1.33 I believe!) but it is definitely more moisturising so it just might be worth that extra change. I’ll have to sniff the scents before I buy any more to be sure I don’t get one that is too overpowering and migraine-triggering (which can happen sometimes) but I can gladly say this scent is light and not triggering!

The final verdict? It’s cheap, it’s nice and I like it. If you are lacking in a light and summery body wash this comes with my seal of approval (I should really make one!)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think and plz do comment. So that I'd know what are you looking for and want me to write about.
If you want to ask a question make sure to check back after a few days for a reply.